You must be a member of the Northern California Association to sign up for these events (of course, your non-member guests will be welcome!)
Information for registrants attending the Asilomar Conference, February 12-15, can be found on the Asilomar page.
In fulfillment of its mission to encourage scholarship and research, the Phi Beta Kappa Northern California Association is honoring the following outstanding Phi Beta Kappa graduate students with $5000 scholarship awards to assist them in completing their educational objectives:
The Scholarship awards for 2015 were presented to:
* Elizabeth Browning, UC Davis, History
* Colette DeJong, UC San Francisco, Medicine
* Rebecca Elliott, UC Berkeley, Sociology
* Danielle Glynn, UC Santa Cruz, Ocean Sciences
* Marius Iordan, Stanford, Computer Science (William and Adeline Hendess Scholarship)
* Karen Lloyd, UC San Francisco, Medical Sociology
* Derin McLeod, UC Berkeley, Classics
* Cheri Mah, UC San Francisco, M.D.
* Stephanie Redmond, UC San Francisco, Neuroscience (Elizabeth B. Reed Memorial Scholarship)
* Justine Smith, UC Santa Cruz, Environmental Studies (Norall Family Scholarship)
* Elise Stickles, UC Berkeley, Linguistics (Gilliland Grant)
* Bryan Yazell, UC Davis, English
From 1982 through 2015, the Association awarded 293 scholarships totaling $1,053,600 to outstanding Phi Beta Kappa graduate students.
The Teaching Excellence awards for 2015 were presented to:
* Emily Benichou Gottreich, Department of Middle Eastern Studies, University of California, Berkeley
* Petra Dierkes-Thrum, Department of Comparative Literature, Stanford University
* Margherita Heyer-Caput, Department of French and Italian, University of California, Davis
* Victoria C. Plaut, School of Law, University of California, Berkeley
The awards were presented on May 3, 2015 in the collegial setting of the UC Berkeley Faculty Club at our Annual Dinner. On that occasion we celebrated our primary mission: providing scholarships and teaching awards to deserving scholars and professors to recognize and enhance their educational and research activities.
Copyright © 1997 - 2016 - All Rights Reserved - Phi Beta Kappa, Northern California Association, Inc
Website by & OS Templates